Thursday, January 15, 2015

Dad Losing Strength

I am having trouble concentrating these days, worried more and more about dad. Dad is getting weaker and weaker, sometimes he has troubles standing now. Yesterday when I visited we had a nice short talk, but today he was in his bedroom to week to go to the other room. He is still eating and fighting on but getting weaker and weaker. I need to spend more time with him next week not only to be with dad but to help mom move him about more easily. Now getting him off the sofa or bed and into his wheelchair has become difficult. I wish I could give dad some of my strength.

During yesterdays talk I got to tell dad yet again how he was a great father to me. Dads father, my grandfather was not a good man to his wife and children. It is something that has dmaged and hurt dad all his life, something he brought up often in conversation. I have a friend who has similar bad memories of his father. Yesterday I was able to tell dad that I will not have those same negatuve memories. Because he was so good to his family my memories of my father will be positive. I will not have have to suffer through the feeling dad lived with about his father or my friend now lives with about his.