Thursday, February 1, 2018

Worried About Their Daughter

Last night I had a conversation in Thai with the man and woman on the left of the photo. They are husband and wife and have a young baby daughter that they left with their mother back in their dump shack. When I made the picture they were waiting for the garbage trucks to arrive, with 2 young girls who were also waiting to work.

When the father spoke of his daughter, you could see the love in his eyes. The mother told me that she was worried about  her daughter. After a while she left early, at about 10pm to take care of her, the husband stayed and worked the next truck. Good people, hard working people, living difficult lives. All they want to do is take care of and raise their beautiful child.

You got to love being around people like that. Before I met them was a bit down, after felt much better, their spirit, their love for little girl reinvigorated me. I think the people here give me so much more than we give them. Just wanted to share their story. Will try to give them a head lamp tonight.

Waiting to work, thinking of their daughter