Friday, February 16, 2018

Links: Free Tri Gum Print From Bob Carnie

I got this wonderful and extremely kind message from Bob Carnie on Facebook yesterday. I should note that Bob has been recommended to me by several other online friends as a great teacher of Platinum printing and other processes, he lives in Toronto,

I hope to study and learn this process from Bob. It creates a really unique style image. A very permanent water color type colour photograph. Many steps, and very time consuming but the final product is worth it.

Here is Bob's Facebook comment.

Bob Carnie Hi Gerry , some day I would like to make a tri colour gum for you, this work needs to be in a permanent print form for future generations see how things were in 2018

What a wonderful offer from Bob, a great guy who promotes the beauties and wonders of photography in general. He produces outstanding alternative process photographs that will live on for generations.

Imagine that, one of the dump photographs living on for generations! Dreams do come true sometime. I did not know much about the process before Bob sent me his message, now learning more. Now I need to learn how to do this myself. Imagine a portfolio of the top 30 "Families of the Dump" photographs in Tri or 4 color Gum!

"Ain't Photography Grand!"

Some links on the process below:

Part 4 of a 4 color gum print, video by ProjectVedos

Bob Carnie showing a negative he will use for a double coat gum print

Bob discussing a duotone Gum and a Lith print portrait of David Bowie side by side.

Bob Carine's Youtube Channel