Friday, February 23, 2018

Today's Second Buy, Raincoats And Boots

Did a big buy of cheap rain coats today, "Moo Goh" in Burmese. Picked up 40 rain jackets made of plastic for 20 baht a piece at the boot shop. Also bought size 9.5, 10 and 11 boots today.

- Plastic raincoats 40x20 baht = 800 baht
- 3 pairs of boots 3x200= 600 baht
- 100 baht cash gave to a man with 3 children

Total = 1500 baht

Felt like Santa handing out a rain coat to everyone. I gave out 40 rain jackets to the families. When I left the apartment it was raining rather heavy, but when I got to the dump all the rain had stopped. The people will use them next time. The coats are all color of the rainbows, will help keep the families dry and will look cool in pictures if I photograph when its raining and they wear them. Am not sure that is going to happen thou.

Note* The lady at the shop through in one extra at for me.
Note** Will pick up 10 extra rain jackets next time along with boots.

Update* Added the 1500 to the spent money total. We are now over budget. I expect to pay an extra $300-$400 or so out of my security salary savings before I leave.