Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Locals Thais Donate To Help The Families

Got some good news a donation of goods and money from some Thai folks. This has been brewing for quite a while. I have  already taken 2 small loads of kitchen goods donated by Thais to the families, along with multiple children's toys (teddy bears etc). The group of Thais ended up giving about $200 in various goods (including an electric fan which I will donate to Sky Blue School) and 3000 baht ($120.30 CAD) in money. I will add the $120.30 to the money donated column and use it to buy more headlamps or boots for the families.

This new donation should even things out a bit. I thought I would have to throw in $200-$300 of my security guard money before I left Mae Sot. Now it looks like I will need to add  less than I thought, maybe only $100. Thank you kind friends for this most recent and generous donation.

Update* The total money donated this trip for the families is $3518.69. I have spent $3356.65. Meaning I have around $162 CAD to spend in my last 8 or 9 days here.