Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Absolutely Swarmed

I got absolutely swarmed tonight as I entered the dump and drove to my parking spot. I could not even get off my bike, people all round me 360 degrees with hands extended, calling my name. I think word has gotten out and people know I am leaving. It was almost panic like, I had to get people to calm down, one of the men there also tried to calm things down and help me.

I worry about the handing out of the money from the FAMILY  FUND. I have 7000 baht left from that donation (already gave out 400 baht) and was planning on handing out 14-500 baht pink envelopes. I need to do it in a quiet way thou, so as not to start a rush. I think its a good idea but it needs to be handled carefully. I will enter the dump, deal with the initial rush then quietly hand out the money later before leaving, will try to do it quickly. I will happen during my last dump visit.

I am not sure if I am coming back. If more money can be raised to help I will return, if not then I might not come back, thou that would be very hard, I have become so attached to everyone here. Heck might be coming back as long as the people are here, for the rest of my life possibly.

Tomorrow is my last regular night shift. I will enter the dump in a quieter fashion, less HERE I AM, come and get me. When I have entered quieter in the past, things went smoother.