Saturday, February 17, 2018

Tonght And Kids In The Dump With Balloons

Just woke up, my whole body hurts, head hurts, think I need the night off. Will go to a restaurant and have a good non Gerry cooked meal for a change. After that will do some boot and headlamp shopping. I promised a size 10 boot to the Toe family and some size 11s to another family. Also promised multiple headlamp to multiple people forget who now (was swarmed last night). My plan is to hand out the cheaper (80 baht) battery operated lamps to multiple children. The family of Cheemeko has asked for a headlamp for him (see link).

Chemeeko Starts To Work Blog Story


Here are some photos made the other day of 2 young children with donated balloons. I just edited these so I could show the Thai head lamp store lady, she gave me the balloons, "for the children at the dump". I want her to understand the positive effect her donations had, maybe she will give more today, or next year,. The little boy (3? 4? year old) carried his balloon with him all night. I saw the little guy a few hours after this photo was made with his balloon in another part of the dump quite far from his home. He looked up at me with those sad eyes, clutching his balloon. Will try to tell that story to the lady shop owner in a fun animated way. Acting out and telling stories in the Thai language is always an interesting thingy, when I do it people usually get a kick out of it.

Dump children with donated balloons