Monday, February 19, 2018

Drinking People Asking For Money

I cannot seem to avoid the 3 drinking people 2 young men and one middle aged lady from asking me for money, now it's basically every time we meet up. Not sure if the money is being used for booze or for the medical care of one of the men's young wife who is pregnant. I need to improve my Burmese language skills so I can deal with this issue more effectively. Drinkers are always a problem no matter what type of social documentary photography your doing anywhere in the world. Have had similar issues in my early Oakland photos, later American based photos, my sex worker portraits, in the Klong Toey slum Bangkok series and now the dump work. I do not drink, never been drunk in my life so maybe I am over sensitive to it all, not sure, I just know the boozers, drug users are always the most dangerous people to be around.