Sunday, February 25, 2018

Gerry The Medic?

Lots of people asking for medicines, anti itch, antibiotic creams etc. Getting over the counter drugs and handing them out as I can, but do not want to get too deeply into this type of thing. I do my best and ask the pharmacist how to use things, then tell the people, but I am not a doctor, not even a medic. I keep advising everyone that they should visit Mae Tao clinic which is nearby, not sure many do thou.

The groom got bitten by a dump dog and has puncture like marks on his leg, and also some scraps and slightly torn skin. I will get him some antiseptic things to clean the wounds. Maybe get him some antibiotic cream as well. I told him 3 times it was better he went to the clinic and had a doctor look at it and get needles for rabies but not sure he will do that.

Thinking of studying medicine more on my return to Canada. I need to have at least a basic understanding of medical issues connected to the dump. I need to understand how to treat minor infections, rashes, cuts etc.

I will also start carrying more medicines, creams, balms and sterile bandages in my camera bag. I need these things to hand out at random as people ask for them.