Saturday, February 24, 2018

Medicines

The sick father in the dump seems in bad shape. There were many older Burmese people sitting near him today. I told them they should take him to the Burmese clinic but they did not seem to want to do so. I asked if they wanted medicine, they did. One man wrote down the name of the medicine in Burmese for me, and told me how to say it in Thai. I will try to find that for them tomorrow. If I cannot get it, will give them some money for them to try to find it themselves (not sure they can do that thou).

I also met a mother with a two year old who has a infected toe, some pus. I told her to take him to the clinic also but not sure that will happen. I gave her the little bandage kit I had. Tomorrow I will go to see if I can find some kind of antibiotic cream to help, and will take her a little first aid kit I have here in the room.

I wish I had some medical training and could help people at a higher level then I am doing now. We do the best we can do, sometimes thou you wonder if that is enough.