Monday, February 26, 2018

Tonight's Dump Finds Include Meat, Vegetables And Fruits.

Tonight as I worked the garbage with my camera, trying to get some photos I witnessed many foods being taken out. Green vegetables were found as were oranges and bananas. When meat was dug up the people competed with the dogs for it. The dogs were smelling about trying to get some meat and one of the older ladies (who likes to tease me, she usually says GERRY then yells something in Burmese before laughing) was also scavenging and separating the meat. Her technique for what was good and not good was to hold the raw meat up to her nose and smell it deeply, she then had a friend do the same before deciding it was worth saving.

I got video of a bunch of this type of food scavenging. The most difficult one to watch and one that will probably make the artist, dump talks is dogs and humans scavenging side by side in the garbage for the meat. Will post some of these videos later on from Bangkok when I have time. or possibly in April/May from Canada when I return to my security night shifts.