Monday, February 19, 2018

Good Hearted, Watching Over My Gear, Warning About Possible Theft

On 2 separate occasions today the people in the dump looked out for me. The first time I was making a recording of a young girl singing and left the portable recorder on a garbage bag near her feet. I had walked away and forgotten it when Zoo Way Toe (38 year old father of 5 I had written about before) picked it for me and brought it to me. He said "Gerry" and then simply handed it to me. In a place where every baht is important giving back a found $100 recorder is a pretty honest thing to do.

The second time was near the end of the night when I was shooting the very poor new family. I had been with them for a while when the mother of the family warned me. She said that the place I was parking my motorbike was no good and that it could be stolen there ( down in the swamp dump area).

Both times today the families looked out for me, you got to love that. Karma baby Karma.