Wednesday, February 21, 2018

OCTO-Gerry??

from Facebook....

Back at the dump with the families tonight after a night off. When I arrived there was a charge across the dump grounds of running children. They all were coming for mama noodles and lollipops. The running of 30 or 40 feet through the dump trash, with cries of joy, laughter and cries of "GERRY SOLO!!" (lollipop). Simply beautiful. Now I know what it feels like to be Santa Claus.

Here are some photos from tonight. Will try to run straight through until I leave Mae Sot. It will be 7 or 8 more nights in a row before saying goodbye to everyone here and taking the overnight bus back to Bangkok. Probably will not be able to get back for a year maybe more. Got to save money for my own travel and also need to start a new donation fund. Hopefully the photos taken this trip will help raise awareness, help to tell the families story and help to raise funds for future donations.

Am trying to shoot more video now for possible artist talks, talks in general on the families. The problem is every time I go into video mode I miss still shot opportunities. Hard to do everything by yourself. Tonight while working I was holding multiple things at the same time, my camera, a sound recorder and multiple flash lights to light the scene. Doing all that, then trying to capture both stills and video is rather difficult. I think I need more arms and hands to get this all done, OCTO-Gerry?


Gosh am hungry, anyone out there a good cook? Looking to get me some food in my big belly :))