Monday, February 5, 2018

Photo Story: The Handshake

from Facebook...



This is a friend in the dump, he yells out a HELLO every time he sees me then runs over to shake my hand. I think it is a bit of a test on his part. He comes directly out of the garbage so his hands are always covered with the slime and grime from the waste he has been digging through. I think he originally wanted to see if I would shake his dirty hand, now it has become a habit and we do it all the time. the testing is over. This picture was made last night, probably our 5th or 6th wet handshake.

I always shake his hand regardless of how dirty it is, my only concern is touching my ELECTRONIC and very expensive Canon 5D Mark 3 after. I usually try to clean my hand off on my pants to avoid transferring the dump fluids to the camera body, lens.

He is a nice guy, he speaks broken Thai and is rather aggressive in his handshaking as you can see here. Sometimes I do not even see him coming, a slippery hand covered with particles just appears. It can be a bit jolting at times, your in your shooting world, concentrating trying to tell a story and you hear a loud HELLO, or SAWATDEE (hello in Thai) and a hand suddenly appears out of the dark through the glaring headlamps in front of your face.


My handshake from last night