Friday, March 24, 2017

Trip Idea: 6 Month Personal Creative Process Book Diary (Hard Copy)

While waiting in my car today before coming into the guardhouse I came up with an new idea. What if I did a hard version diary (Blurb magazine/book) of my 6 month LEAVE. It might be a modern version of Edward Westons "Daybooks".

Some ideas for what this book could contain:

- Scans of of film photographs made during the trip.
- Contact sheets of film shot with chosen wax pencil images.
- digital picture files of everything and anything. Footage on the planes, in the shooting locations, streets, restaurants, buses, shots of everything in my personal life for that 6 month time period.
- video captures from all the film I shoot, individual and sequence grabs.
- scans of diary hand written personal diary entries.
- blogs stories.
- scans of documents, passport visas, bus tickets, money etc

It could be a complete record of everything I do on the 6 month LEAVE. Since it is more of a private thingy, with no Internet connection/online presence I could also open up and be brutally honest in all areas, including very personal thoughts that I usually keep only to myself.

What would a book like this be called? "6 Months"? " "Heartful"? "Heartland"? Heartfelt? Heart?.Jai-Dee? (Good Heart in Thai). This might if it is done right offer a deep incite to my personality (hopes, strengths, weaknesses, doubts and fears) and creative process. It could be a very personal document about who and what I am, and what I am trying to do as an artist. It is one of those projects you would probably keep quiet about (unreleased) during your lifetime but that might find a life (assuming the work created is important and anyone gives a shit) after your death.

The idea is to capture in book form the heart of the creative process, the heart of who I am as a person (good and bad), the heart of the work and what it is trying to achieve, the hearts of the people I meet and photographs. I want it to be open, very honest and passionate. I want the book to be how I feel about my photography and life in general.

Not sure I will do this, but it is worth more thought. I will have basically everything I need to do it on this trip, digi cameras, laptop, proper software etc. To do it or not? Am not sure. Will have to see, how it all shakes out.

Update* Am leaning towards calling the book JAI-DEE ? (the question mark is important, because I am not sure if I have a good heart or not, if I am doing good or not, that sort of thing is always ambiguous).