Saturday, March 12, 2022

Police Pull Me Over! Oops!! One Way Road!

Today as I drove my motorbike the wrong way on a one way road the police ran out screaming at me to stop. I kept driving, they kept screaming, so I stopped. The head guy (of 3) asked me where I was going in Thai. I told him I was going home. Then he told me I was going the wrong way on a one way road which was true. I told him I did not know and was sorry  (actually I knew but was trying to cheat as it was only a 1/2 black back, and if I needed to connect back on the opposite one way I would have to drive over a kilometre. 

After a bit of head shaking, the let me go without a fine. Lucky me! Nice of them. I have heard stories of corrupt police really sticking it to a farang (Westerner) when they get a chance. These police were very fair. That was my first potential fine encounter with the police since I started coming to Thailand 26 years ago in 1996.