Sunday, March 6, 2022

Khun Jip 51, THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY

This mans name is Jip, 51. I photographed him yesterday morning at about 730am. He told me that he had slept at this location under the freeway for more than 2 months. He is a polite and trusting man, eager to speak.. There was some fighting roosters nearby, GAI CHON, Khun Jip guarded them, thou I do not think he got paid for the job. He told me of a beautiful condominium he used to work at, Jip said I could stay there sometime, and that it had a/c. He said he could never live in such a place because he did not have the money. That is the sad reality of his life, he will not be able to do many things I take for granted.
 
Jip 51, outside his home under the freeway, THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY, Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok, Thailand 2022