Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Hotel In Mae Sot

I got a one week Covid rate for my Mae Sot hotel room. The room is quite large $17 CAD a night. Regular pre Covid was 1000 baht a night or about $39 a night. This hotel was closed for 2 years because of Covid-19, it opened up last week. Am the first or near the first guest back. So the total cost for 7 nights is about $119 CAD. 

I asked about where to rent a motorbike. The owner told me I could use his for free, he said he regularly charges 100 baht a day ($3.88 CAD). I told him no, it was OK I would pay the 100. People are really desperate for money here after Covid destroyed the tourism/hotel industry in Thailand. Am trying to tip a bit more and pay what is fair for the services.

Hope this motorbike works out, it is a bit older and smaller than the one I rented from Pee Noy. I need to be extra careful when driving it. I will be a big man on a small bike, on rough roads and in rough conditions at the dump and elsewhere.
 
The large hotel room, including a kitchen