Thursday, March 3, 2022

Met Khun Owen Again

I met Khun Owen again yesterday for the first time this trip. I photographed him 2 times in 2019 . We talked, I made some pics, bought him some water and gave him a bit of donation money.

He is a man who seems there at times and not there at other times. You will be talking to him and he is engaged and talkative then all of a sudden he will start screaming things at passing motorbikes and cars. Screaming very loud but in a friendly way, like he is trying to inform and help them. He remembered me from 2019, he told me that the people were talking of a farang (white skinned Westerner) who was photographing in the area. So he was looking for him.

I asked him his age and he told me 55 or 56, he was not sure. He looked weaker than before, a bit thinner but still in reasonable shape.

Later the same day, I met Owen a second time and made a few more pics. He gave me some old rice he found in a bowl somewhere. He told me to put it on the concrete wall behind me (I was standing under the freeway) so the dogs could eat it. You got to love a man who is living the way he does and who still worries about the dogs. So many good people here.

Khun Owen 55 or 56. on the street, THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY, Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok, Thailand 2022