Tuesday, March 1, 2022

A So So Day "Under The Freeway"

Busy day "under the freeway". Not that a great a day photography wise but took the expensive medicine for Khun Ooh's dog Yaup Yeun (think I got that right) today. Also took them some food. Gave Yaup Yeun some chicken which he loved. He still looked at me with semi hate and barked lots but the chicken calmed him down a tad. 
 
Met another older man for the second time, Khun Vee-Gon. He told me many times that he wanted to die. He said he had 2 daughters but they went away and do not help him, did not love him, they forgot about him. I asked if he had friends and said "no" to that as well. I asked if he drank, he said when he had no money he did not drink but when he had money he did. A forgotten old man living in a slum in Bangkok. Beyond sad.
 
Khun Anapon and Khun Dao were not under the freeway today, not sure where they had gone. Khun Champoo went off somewhere as well. When I asked others where they were I got the traditional Thai response of "Bai Tee-owe" which translates to "They went travelling", no one knew where.
 
Feel very tired, was covered in sweat after 3 hours, my very sweaty wet Covid mask did not help things. Will go back under the freeway again tomorrow, hope it is a better photo day. Then take a day off to recover. I am so lucky to have a clean a/c hotel room with a hot shower to come home to. So many under the freeway do not have the ability to escape and refresh. Life can be so hard