Monday, March 14, 2022

Motorbike Died!

So had a bit of an adventure today. My motorcycle died on my return home from the dump. So there I was stranded on the side of the road with rain threatening and night falling. I had to call the boss at the hotel (where I rented the bike) for help. He came down and brought a young motorcycle mechanic with him. About half an hour later after opening up the engine compartment and cleaning the spark plug with sand paper and gas from the engine the bike started!!

The most interesting part of the ordeal was that while I was waiting for help in the dark near the dump I stopped by a small roadside shop. The people there were very kind. I told them the problem and they immediately offered me a chair and cold bottle of water. I later made some photos of them eating supper and watching TV. They asked me to eat as well. Extremely nice people. Language is so important in situations like this. You can make friends and get out of problems just by speaking some Thai. I need to learn more Burmese!!!
 
Note* So I started out standed on the side of a country road at night, and ended up getting invited to dinner by strangers.