Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Last 1 Day Extensioin Dump Food Buy

Did an extra buy of goods to hand out to the families. Tomorrow I will go to the dump at 6am, then leave Mae Sot at 1pm to return to Bangkok.

I bought enough food to separate into 4 bags, for 4 houses. Tonight bought
- 10 kilos of rice (2.5 kilos per donated house bag).
- 15 cans of rice (along with the 5 I had at the hotel)
- 6 bottles of shampoo.
- noodles
 
Cost 721 baht
 
To the bags I will add anything I have left in the hotel including toothbrushes, soap and shavers I got from my stay at the nice hotel in Bangkok (everyday was putting the new daily, room change supplies in my suitcase.)
 
So tomorrow will be last day.
 
I also intend to buy 10 more headlamps which are expensive, 3500 baht. Everyone is asking me for headlamps so that I would do a big buy the last day. One lady also asked me for eye drops, will see if I can buy those for her tomorrow as well.
Will miss my friends here. I need to pay for my motorbike rental as well. That comes out of my own funds not the donation money. That will be a very reasonable 700 baht ($4 CAD a day).
Met some really great people in Mae Sot this trip. The best part of these photographic journeys for me are the people you meet along the way!
 
"Ain't photography grand!!"
 
4.bags of food for the last day. Making a total of 20 bags handed out