Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Nice. Thank You

Nice moment story of the dump today.

I am standing taking photos after the 4 bag food hand out donation. A woman I have known in the dump fir many years (know her face, not her name) came up to thank me for coming back again. My translation might be a bit ragged because she spoke broken Thai with a Burmese accent to me and I spoke Thai with a Canadian accent back to to her. 
 
Basically what she very kindly said was " Thank you for coming to help, thank you for making merit here (Thai word is TUM BOON, which is the Buddhist way of helping). Now that we cannot work in the garbage, Gerry coming to help, to give rice and other things is very good. You have a very good heart. We only have little work now, thank you for helping." Then she gave a Wai of thanks. 
 
I keep telling the families (told 4 or 5 people today in Thai) here that people in Canada are helping them. That the photos lead to donations that I then hand out. They seem to want to give me credit thou. I guess it does not matter, as long as the help is given.