Monday, March 7, 2022

Khun Dao Sleeping: THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY

I was under the freeway early in the morning 2 days ago. Khun Dao was sleeping on the pavement near the road. There were many cars, motorbikes and trucks passing within 4 feet, sometimes closer to where the slept. He seemed so vulnerable but yet strangely comfortable.

While I was making the photos Dao woke up and looked at me. I said "Sawatdee Khrup Khun Dao, Sabai Dee Mai?" (Hello Mr. Dao, Do you feel good?) He smiled stretched and said "Sai Dee!" (Feel Good!) then turned over and immediately fell back to sleep. He was not surprised at all to see me, we have built up a little relationship. It is nice to be accepted by him. I have photographed Khun Dao 5 or 6 times now. He seems like such a soft, shy, innocent soul.

 
Khun Dao 33, sleeping near the road under the freeway, THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY, Klong Toey, Slum, Bangkok Thailand 2022