Wednesday, January 3, 2018

“You want to try? Have Some Food!”

The women here in Vietnam are very open and friendly. Lastnight and this morning 2 different women offered me a bit of food to try after I expressed some interest.

Last night at a restaurant I ate at two of the workers were up front eating some kind of snack type seed. I went to see what it was, she told me it was a sun roasted watermelon seed. Then she offered me the inner white seed after biting off the outer orange brown seed cover. It tasted rather plain to me, not a lot of flavour.

This morning I went to order a Vietnamese breakfast for tomorrow, the girl at the reception desk was heating something. I practised some of my limited Vietnamese with her before asking what she was eating. She then gave me one of her sweet potatoes to try. I took it back to my table to eat, it was quite good. Later I went back to tell here how much I likedit and thanked her again. She smiled and giggles when I did that while covering here mouth with her hand.

Got to love the sharing of food especially from beautiful women :).