Thursday, July 23, 2015

Workshop Confirmed

The advanced camera workshop with Stu on Sunday is confirmed. I am going to dig out my 5x7 enlarger for his 5x7 negs. We will either use my Durst 5x7 or more likely my Durst 8x10 enlarger this workshop. Stu is also going to give me some 35mm bulk film he has, I might try it with the 1/2 frame cameras. Free film is always a good thingy!

The $180 from the workshop will go towards paying for my $1243.91 CAD plane ticket to Bangkok. I hope I can get the CPI Travel Grant to pay for another $750 of that ticket cost money. I heard back from those grant folks today, it seems the reason I could not upload my submission yesterday was because the site is down until about 1 month before the grant deadline. I need to wait till around September 1 before submitting my grant request.

This week off is going to be only 2 days long. Tomorrow I need to do yard work at my home as well as cutting moms lawn. I will have Saturday to myself thou, no work, I might do some printing or work with the 5x7 camera. On Sunday I have the workshop with Stu which should be fun and then on Monday I am back at work doing security for 12 hours a night, 7 days in a row, which will take me into August. The return trip to Thailand is quickly approaching.