Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Double Pic Potraits And Double Pics

I think I like this idea best with the 1/2 frame camera. Two images side by side that tell a story together. I have never done this kind of work in the past but I think I will try this next trip. Do a series of these double pic portraits, continuity shots, storyboards, whatever you want to call them. Have the subject moving in the frame, near and far changes, out of focus blur and high contrast combinations. I think this dual portrait or dual picture idea might work to make powerful visuals that can communicate on multiple levels. Lets call them "Decisive Moments".
Lisa Times Two
Backyard Shrubs #1
The Canon Demi EE17 1/2 frame gives me far more control plus choices compared to the Olympus Pen EE3. The Pen is a nice camera and I am happy with the wedding photos I made with. I will continue to use the Pen but the Canon Demi is now my 1/2 frame camera of choice. I now understand why this camera is in such demand online and I am quite happy I paid a bit more and got a model in such prime condition. I will use this tool for many years to come.

Update* I have been thinking why stop at 2? Why not 3 or 4 images side by side? Heck if 20  pictures work, put 20 or 30 side by side. More thought needed on this, it will be a fun idea to explore further. Lets start out with groups of two first and see where that leads us.