Tuesday, July 21, 2015

To Do Before Trip

I need to concentrate my efforts with the Rolleiflex and 5x7 Linhoff in the next 3 months, the last 3 months before my return to Asia. With the Rollie I need to work with the close up lens, with flash and at the widest/fastest 2.8 aperture. The 5x7 I am more familiar with but need more shooting time with the 120mm. I also want to see how well I can compose and focus when only using the shaded focusing box window (not sure exactly what it is called). If I can do without the dark cloth bag it would make everything so much more easy and fluid, especially in the heat and humidity of Asia.

With all the security overtime I am working this week I have little time to get anything done. I will need to throw myself into some serious camera work my next week off. I also need to get back into the darkroom. I still have lots of printing to do on the Rosebud show, and tine is running out.

So much to do in the next 3 months, tons of stuff to do. After that I will be going all out in Thai trying to make strong and important photographs.

Update* I bought and paid for my acrylic focusing screen yesterday. This purchase was expensive ($65 USD) and a bit of a risk but if it works out it could be a home run. No more worries about a broken ground glass! I have done the broken ground glass thing twice in Thailand, do not want to go down that road again.