Monday, July 6, 2015

Shot The Canon Half Frame

Ran a quick roll through the Canon Demi EE17 tonight. When I say quick it was actually not that quick on a roll of 36-35mm you actually get 72 shots! Try taking 72 photos quickly to test out a camera, it ain't that easy. Anyway, got the battery tonight and sort of quickly shot a roll of ancient Tri-x I had sitting in my darkroom for years. This camera is FUN to shoot. It has a auto setting a meter, you can change both f-stops and shutter speeds and a fast 30mm f1.7 lens.

I paid a bit more for my EE17 but this thing is in great condition, if it takes anywhere near decent negs it is coming with me to Thailand. Fun, small, well built, cool looking design. So far it has been great little camera. The only thing I do not like is the zone focusing (no rangefinder focusing) but I am starting to get used to that. In the viewfinder you can see the meter reading for f stop and also see the area your focused on. Also visible in the viewfinder are 3 symbols for focusing distances, near (persons head) mid range (group of 3 people) and infinity (mountain). The camera focuses from 2.6 feet to infinity.

Update: Bought a lower quality Chinese 34mm  UV filter to help protect the lens. Will give it a try, not sure I will use it.