Wednesday, July 29, 2015

DC3 Possibilities

I have a exhibition site possibility for the "Forgotten Laughter" photographs. I still have to make the work : ) so am getting ahead of myself here but I am already thinking about where the photos might be shown. I have contacted the curator of the DC3 Projects gallery here in Edmonton. We have talked many times in the past year or so both via email and on the phone. We have agreed to a meeting post photo trip sometime in 2016. I will show him the children living in poverty portraits from the "Forgotten Laughter" project.

It is nice to have potential gallery interest for a series before I even make the pictures. I will have this meeting in 2016 to look forward, once I shoot, process the film and print the photographs into a cohesive portfolio. If the curator David C likes the work, the photos will be shown at DC3. This will push me all that much harder to get this series of photos done right. I now have so many motivations to work my tail off, and do this work properly:

1) The desire to tell an important story about the lives of forgotten people, letting people here see and learn about the lives there. As well as the opportunity to give monetary and food donations to my subjects.
2) Keeping my promise to my dying father to make work I could dedicate to him in book and exhibition form.
3) The simple joy and pleasure of creating photographs, the wonder and beauty of photography.
4) The DC3 Projects Gallery Curator meeting in 2016, which might lead to an important Edmonton exhibition.
5) The need to complete the photo book project and as well as create solid work for future gallery submissions to non Edmonton locations.

Link to DC3 Projects website:
DC3 Art Projects