Friday, July 24, 2015

Alberta Open Image 2015 Invitation

Got my invite to the Open 2015 shows in Calgary and Edmonton. Sent out this invite to my closer friends but thought I would post it here as well. I have one photograph in the show, a picture of dad made on the last week / 10 days of his life.  This show is at the same Kaasa Gallery I had my one man exhibition "The Train Is Coming". The ironic bit is for that show I showed 37 photos which took me over 6 months to print, I got a $200 CAD artist fee. For this coming 1 print group show in the same space I am earning $135 CAD! Will use the money to help pay for my air ticket back to Thai.

I will be at the Edmonton opening night here at the Jubilee. See you all there.



Here is the email I received today:

​Hello Open Image 2015
 Artists


Visual Arts Alberta and the Friends of the Jubilee Auditoria Society look forward to seeing you and your family & friends at the

​ Calgary Reception​ of Open Image 2015 on Monday, August 24t

​h from 7 to 9pm at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium (address below). 

​I  have attached the Open
​Image 2015 invite and poster. Please feel free to forward the invitation to family friends and patrons!​

Visual Arts Alberta Gallery 
​in partnership with the Friends of the Alberta Jubilee Auditorium ​

Society presents

​Open Image 2015

In Calgary: August 15 to September 27, 2015
​Open Image 2015, an exhibition of Alberta's finest photographic and digital art will open in Calgary  Friday,August 15 and run through September 27, 2015 in the lower gallery of the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium (1415 -14 Avenue NW Calgary).​ 

This Alberta-Wide juried exhibition then travels to the Kaasa Gallery at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium


October 1st.​

​Reception: Monday, August 24th from 7 to 9 pm

Visual Arts Alberta ~ CARFAC is sponsoring a People's Choice Award which will be announced later in September. Come and see this exciting exhibition and cast your vote for your favourite artwork.

​Contact ​
Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium (1415 -14 Avenue NW Calgary)
​to view exhibition:​

FYI:​The Edmonton Dates are October 1st to November 15th, 2015​ with the reception confirmed on Friday, October 16th from 7 to 9pm.