Thursday, July 23, 2015

Accessory Boy

Well call me accessory boy! Whenever I buy a new camera I have to get the lens hoods, the filters, the straps and the adaptor rings. With the purchase of 4 Rolleieflex's there are lots of accessories I need, especially since each Rollie has 2 lens.

Over the last while some of the previously purchased accessories have made it to my door from far off lands, mostly China. China makes decent rip offs of camera lens hoods, straps etc at discount prices (possibly made in sweat shops). Over the last while I have had many little ordered items delivered. Here is what I have gotten so far:

- adaptor ring (for the taking lens) for my F, GX cameras allowing a standard filter to work with the camera (not the super expensive collector Rollie filters).
- a 43mm Hoya UV filter to go with the adaptor (for the taking lens).
- a black metal Bay 3 lens hood for the F and GX cameras.
- a cheap black plastic lens hood to use with my Tessar 75mm Automat Rollie camera.

Still on order:

- a double lens cap for the Automat.
- a second filter adaptor ring for the F, GX (for the viewing lens).
- a second 43mm Hoya UV filter (for the viewing lens).
- beautiful green camera strap for the F camera's.
- 2-43mm lens caps.

I do not have enough accessories yet to outfit all the lens and all the cameras but when everything arrives I will have enough to outfit 1 of the Fs or the GX before I go to Asia. I am worried about the harsh conditions I will be shooting in overseas. I felt it was important to make sure I got filters on both the taking and viewing lens and a lens hood on the taking lens before I go. The camera strap will also be important. I do not want to drop my Rollie, especially after the big refit I am paying mega bucks to Harry Fleenor for.

After I come back from Asia I will probably continue the accessory outfitting of all my Rolleiflex cameras.