Saturday, July 25, 2015

Photo Story: Dad In Bed #2

Leica M6 35mm, Summer 2014
I like the intelligence in dads face in this photograph. He was a man with a grade 6 education and yet he achieved so much in life, his intelligence, dedication and extreme hard work I am benefitting from now.

That last summer it was very hot in his home. He would like in bed, shirtless and think about things. The bandage was to cover up the tubing for the flow of bile out of his system and kept him from being jaundice. I would usually come for a few minutes before working my nigh shifts, talk to dad, ask about how he was feeling, tell him some stories an then make a few photographs. This was one of those times, was probably only with dad a few minutes that day. I so wish I could do that again, wish I could talk to him, tell him stories, here his thoughts and kiss him on the forehead. My world got so much smaller when dad left it (been 5 months now).

Photo made with a Leica M6 and 35mm lens, on Tri-x pushed to 800ASA, STAND development.