Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Balancing Out The Loss

A bit of karma came my way today. I was offered 4 OT shifts next week. It will be a tough haul as I will have to work 11 night shifts in a row, each shift lasting 12 hours. Still the OT is a good thing, I can use the money to help pay for part of a new mountain bike. Maybe this is the karma gods helping me out after the bike theft last week.

Gosh 11 nights in a row, tonight is #2. This will put me behind in my printing for my Rosebud exhibition. I will have 3 days off after the 11 before I start my regular 7 regular nights again. I need to use those 3 days positively to do some serious printing. The first day I will probably just sleep but I need to get into the darkroom and printing with the following 2 off days. I also need to work on the Alberta Gallery of Art 2017 biennial submission, started some of that last night, the deadline is July 26th. Most of the submission stuff outside of the scanning I can do at work. I will submit work from the "My Fathers Last Days Series" (wouldn't it be wonderful to show a dad photo at the AGA!). Am also planning for my 7 week photo trip to Asia, busy busy busy.