Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Mr Old School

Some people think of me as a photographer in old school terms because I still shoot film, but get this. Tomorrow I plan on shooting outdated HP5, in a 1940-50s Graflex Super D, using a early 1900s brass 10 inch lens and a gizmo called a bag mag for the old film. Gosh now that's OLD SCHOOL! I I need to check the lens for its look, and check the bag mag for light leaks. These tools might be coming with me to Asia got to run some film through them first thou. This is going to be fun! I have a doctors appointment tomorrow but I will sneak in the shoot sometime before for after, and develop the film tomorrow night. My subjects here in Canada are not very inspiring, but it is still always fun to photograph, tomorrow I will have some OLD SCHOOL FUN!

Note* The bag mag was very fast and easy to load. These things handle very well I could see getting a couple more in the future if I go all in on the Graflex. I wonder why they do not make something like this for regular 4x5 cameras, seems an excellent design to cut back on weight.