Monday, July 6, 2015

Canon Demi EE17 And Bag Mag

Got my Canon Demi EE17  half frame camera and my bag mag this afternoon, no extra taxes on either.

The Canon Demi looks in great shape, came in the original old box and with an instruction manual. I love the fact you can zone focus and adjust both the f-stops and shutter speeds. It seems very well made, will provide me with more creative options and is still relatively small.

The bag mag has one small chip in it that I do not think will affect or fog the film. The unit seems to be in good working order especially for something so old? 60 years? more? I was able to figure out how to work it based on what I read. I think this will be a bit of an awkward unit to work at first but might eventually turn into a nice little gem for me. Heck I might even try to get another one in the future as they are not that expensive and save a lot on space and weight. They are very common and it should not be tough to find another on eBay. First things first lets use these for a while. I now have the 12 sheet bag mag, the 6 sheet Grafmatic back (the bag mag successor) and 8 normal Graflex type holders.

2 more photo tools I can play with on my week off. Gosh I love photography!