Friday, July 10, 2015

Machine Gun Shooting

Not doing as much darkroom room as I should. Developed 3ish rolls of 1/2 frame stuff, some shot last night at dads graveyard. I tried something new I am calling MACHINE GUN shooting, it is where I shoot dozens of frames in quick succession (often blind) adjusting focus and composition quickly using the Canon Demi. I did a bunch of photos around dads grave using that style of shooting. The idea being that the final finished work will be a number of consecutive frames shot side by side. Weird angles, different degrees of sharpness, movement and then you combine them in a final fibre print of 2 or 3 or 4 negs side by side, giving a more complete creative statement. Not sure if this method of shooting will work but it is fun to try these things.

Well its off to do some yard work for mom, then to the Alberta Gallery of Art to see the latest shows. I will ride my bike today to work on the fitness thing as well, two birds with one stone. Later tonight I need to try and start up some printing of the dad work for the coming shows. Tomorrow I am going with mom to her old abandoned childhood farm, will take some pics.

Update* Just looked at some scans of the machine gun method of shooting, it is very intriguing! I like it!. I might try to shoot portraits and nudes in the same way in the future. Eventually combining 2 or 3 frames in a single work, a single exhibition print.