Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Next Trip

I have started to plan my next trip, m first trip of 2016. This photography op will probably happen sometime in February, March and April and will last 5 weeks. Did some flight prices for 3 new possible destinations. It will be strange to fly to South East Asia and not land in Bangkok but the 3 alternative "Forgotten Laughter" locations are

1) Rangoon (Yangon), Burma
2) Phnom Penh, Cambodia
3) Manila, Philippines

All 3 of these major cities have flights from Edmonton with 2 or 3 stops. The pricing varies from around $1020 to Manila to $1710 for Rangoon. It is nice to know I can get on the plane in Edmonton and jump off the plane at my chosen destination without making further arrangements from inside Thailand. I think I can get a cheaper Rangoon Burma flight, if I travel at a different time of year (around $1355 with a October departure).

Am starting my planning now as I might be buying the ticket when I'm overseas. I usually buy my ticket 2-3 months in advance, which means I could still be in Thailand somewhere.

Update* Just thought of something. With the 2 trips so close to each other I should have "Forgotten Laughter" portraits from two distinct countries to show David at DC3.