Wednesday, July 29, 2015

"Forgotten Laughter" Movie Clip For Exhibitions?

I just had an idea, why not try and make a short movie clip about the making of the "Forgotten Laughter" photographic series? I could show the film at the opening night of the exhibition. I have gotten pretty good at shooting and editing together little films. For my last show at the Larry Louie Gallery I had a video of the Mae Sot Garbage dump that was a big hit with the guests, crowds of folks hovered and watched the short dump film. I also plan on showing this same film for my next exhibition (September 18 to October 23) at the Akokiniskway Gallery in Rosebud Alberta.
"Families of the Dump" Mae Sot Garbage Dump Exhibition Film

Why not try and do something similar for "Forgotten Laughter"? A similar film might work well. I would have to try and include more footage of my subjects, myself (not keen on that part) along with the making of the pictures, gear shots and the like, in difficult Asian environments.

Something to think of, I am already going to do the daybook project, adding a film to the mix might be a bit to much for 1 person to do himself. I do after all have to make the photographic portraits!! Can't be too sidelined with all this periphery stuff.