Monday, March 1, 2021

Platinum-Palladium (Pt-Pd) Digital Negative Curve Improving, Version 3

My personal curve for the Pt-Pd process continues to improve. Every time I refine it, the curve gets closer to the magical green line that I am trying to achieve (see photo).  The bump indicates an area without smooth transition of tones, a blockage.The curve pictured below is the 3rd I have made this weekend. Initially I was using the wrong software (oops), so I might have to redo all of this later, but so far it seems to still be OK. It seems to be rounding into form. I am working on the 4th curve now. Maybe #5 will be the magical one. Every curve you make should be an improvement on the last version. Closer to the green line (my current curve is the red line), with the maximum amount of tonality possible, with beautiful separation between the greys.

The third curve, starter, 1 and then 2. Number 3 is being completed.