Tuesday, March 23, 2021

THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP In "Analog Forever Magazine"

THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP is featured in "Analog Forever Magazine" The editor gave "the families" story an amazing 18 pages. There are many photographs shown along with an extensive interview Thank you so much to "Analog Forever Magazine" for this opportunity to show the work!!

 It is very rewarding to have the stories of THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP told to a larger audience, something that I have long aspired to do. To be a small part of that dump families story is an honour, it is a gift everyone in the dump has given me. Maybe now more money can be raised to help them. I hope so, they are good people who are just trying to survive. I worry about how Covid-19 and the current troubles in Burma have affected. I believe over 250 people have died in Burma after taking part in demonstrations for democracy.

A cool part of being part of this beautiful book like magazine is the other photographers involved. The 60 year career of world class photojournalist David Burnett is also featured along with the work of the great photographer Judy Dater. What is especially exciting for me is that I have been a long time fan of the two, they both influenced me early on in my photography development. I remember a story in a photo magazine I had when I was 15 on David Burnett. At that time I thought "wow I wish I could take photos like this guy". Later on in high school I saw the famous photograph made by Judy Dater of an aged Imogen Cunningham along side a nude young model named Twinka. The photo blew me away!. Now all these years later, to have the "Dump" photos in the same magazine alongside Burnett's work and Dater's. :) So beautiful!! Now that is SUPER COOL!

Here is a selection of a few of the 18 pages in the mag. I will post more later after the magazine sales period is over.