Monday, March 22, 2021

The 3rd Metal Transport Case Holds the 16x20 Chamonix!

After much effort I was able to adapt the $40 CAD big metal transport box to carry my 16x20 Chamonix. Been looking for a case for this camera for 3 years now. I had to remove the second metal divider and also cut a section of the foam out of the lid but now it seems to work. The camera is snug as a bug and I think will be well protected. Dim Sum thinks so too!
 
I will need to carry my lens for the camera have 5 in a separate box of some kind. I will also have plug up all the rivet holes in the box, think there are 14! Going to try rubber plugs from China first, if that does not work then will go with black silicone.
 
LOVE THIS NEW-USED CASE 🙂. $40 CAD and a bit of work now I can use it to transport the camera around Canada. Picked it up and carried it by myself, heavy, but I think manageable. Once it is closed up, nothing moves about.
 
The new box with my beauty 16x20 Chamonix camera loaded inside