Wednesday, March 31, 2021

The HF3535 Camera Is In My Garage At Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The HF3535 camera is in my garage. After 4 years and a long FedEx shipping process from the Czech Republic (called them 5 times), the 296lb camera box is finally safely in the garage. The nails were pulled out on one corner of the box (security/customs check?) with a small gap between the boards but there appears to be no damage to the HF3535 and holders inside. Filip packed the box interior with Styrofoam and it seems clean and undamaged. The box had slipped off its pallet in the FedEx freight truck so I provided a crowbar to the driver and we got it back in place again. Everything seems a go for the camera unboxing and setup video next week. That unboxing will be the official start of the 15-20 year AMBROTOS KANATA Cross Canada wet plate project.

What a huge relief to finally have the camera.! So happy! My mind is filled with the creative possibilities this wonderful tool will provide. What pictures might now be made? Hope Gerry the guard can live up to that potential.
Now I will try to get another hour of sleep before my 12 hour security night shift.
Update* Failed at the sleep thing, am too excited. It will be a long night shift.
Note* The camera is missing a few of the knobs necessary for operation. Filip realized he had forgot to ship them after the box was sent. He will ship me the knobs and other small pieces when he sends me the HF2024 later this summer.

Filip with the HF3535 in the Czech Republic
The camera is safe and SEEMS undamaged, in my garage in Edmonton, Canada!