Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Got Me 3 More Metal Transport Cases For AMBROTOS KANATA

Got some more metal transport cases today, that I will use for the AMBROTOS KANATA 15 year project. Got 3 boxes-cases for $180CAD. The small case and its foam fit my 8x10 Deardorff perfectly, so will use that case for that camera. I am not sure how I will use the other 2 yet. The cases are heavy, but strong, and should protect the photo gear very well. The only problem is I might need to remove some of the section dividers to place larger cameras.

Update* It is early days, but according to my measuring so far. I might be able to go 8x10 camera, 11x14 camera and 16x20 camera with these 3 boxes. That would be great, I could use the other larger box ($40CAD) I bought, for something else. These smaller cases would be much easier to carry in the trailer. My only worry is that they would probably have less foam protection in them.

This larger 3rd case is 24x34.25 (interior)
Love that I can protect DADS 8x10 Deardorff. My father bought this for me years ago. Now whenever I use the camera, I think of him. Having a nice heavy duty box to protect dads camera is GREAT! I was able to sneak 2 lens and a lens board adapter as well, along with the 8x10 Deardorff.