Friday, March 5, 2021

All Photo Series, Made Into Platinum-Palladium??

If this digital curve negative stuff works out, I am thinking of a grand plan. The idea would be to do all the major photographic series of my lifetime in 16x20 Platinum, Palladium or Platinum-Palladium  16x20 prints. There might be upwards of 30 plus images per series, maybe over 50 per series.

The photo series to Pt-Pd prints might include:

- BODY SELLERS (2007, 2009, 2012)

- THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP (2013 ongoing)

- THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY (2012 ongoing)

- MY FATHERS LAST DAYS (2014-15 with dad)

- AMBROTOS KANATA (the film photos made during the series, not yet started).

 - KODUOKU(Japanese solitude/alone photos)\

- STREET WORKER ( the street series form 1999 in Bangkok).

- BARGIRL (series done in 2003 in Thailand)

- THREE HEARTS (series from 1999 in Bangkok)

A project like this would be a major undertaking. A good idea for my old age, during Edmonton's cold, nasty winters. I might also do some of the series as Carbon Transfer prints, assuming I can learn and maybe, perhaps, even master the process, hope hope!!

Note* The hope would be able to donate these prints of my life's work to a museums collection. Or maybe there would interest in just some of the prints, and the rest would be tossed, when I become dust. 10 years ago I would have said that, this was an impossible dream. Now I am not so sure. Now, the photos are drawing more and more attention. It might be just possible they could be added to a collection somewhere on my death. We can only hope! and continue to work very hard to achieve that goal. I know so many photog people who never try, they give up before even making an effort. This work might all end up in a trash heap but I am going to work my tail off until that time and try to get it shown, published and collected.

Then of course the most important thing happens. My subjects, the people who over the years have given me the gift of allowing me to photograph them, can live on. The people in the pictures will have a sort of immortality in the museums collection and the museums future exhibitions. They will be remembered and honored.

That thought gives me a sense of enormous happiness!! :)