Friday, March 12, 2021

Transport Case Options For The HF3535

Thought I would do a HF3535 transport box update. Local carpenters seem very expensive. I am looking into some local companies that make custom transport boxes as well. As a third and maybe the best option I am conversing with Filip H in the Czech Republic who is the builder of the HF3535. He is suggesting a strong 40 kilo box that he can ship smaller and that I can assemble IKEA like in Canada. 

The Filip box might be the best option depending on cost. I might mount and leave his type box in the trailer permanently and  just use it like a sort of shelving safe storage unit. When I need the camera I can take it off the transport box shelves in pieces and use the Rock-n-Roller cart to haul it out to the shooting location for set up. The box would never leave the trailer. The other option is to have 2 boxes of some kind that would leave the darkroom trailer loaded on the cart.

Am still thinking this one out.