Saturday, March 13, 2021

MY GPS NAVIGATION DEVICE

 I got my GPS navigation device working. It is a circa 2003 Meridian Color Magellan. I got the tool fir $40 yesterday. It is old but in 100% working condition so should serve my needs well. My plan is to use it to record all wet plate photography positions for the AMBROTOS KANATA 15 year project. I will be able to record my exact longitude and latitude position (within 3 meters) in degrees, minutes and seconds, anywhere in Canada. 

A good $40 investment, that will give the project and plates added dimension and beauty. Having the longitude  and latitude of every plate made, every photography making position , just seems right.

Note* I am also thinking of scratching the longitude and latitude into each plate (especially the large ones) as part of the perm enact title.

Note** This device has many functions. I am stream lining and simplifying the set up feature to just give me what I need, my location.

The new-used Magellan GPS Navigator