Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Edmonton-Thailand Dream

The position of Dim Sum when I woke up.

Just woke up from a weird dream. 

I was driving down the road  At night in my old truck with my cat Dim Sum. Al of sudden the lights in the truck flickered and went out. Everything was black, the road in front of me plus all my driving gages. I could not see the speedometer, the gear I was in or the road in front of me. 

In desperation I pulled to the side of the road and stopped. I tried to turn on the hazard lights but they did not work either. Jus ahead of me on my left I saw a entranceway to a rural home.i carefully pulled over and parked beside a white house with a red roof, On greeting out, I thought to myself “This looks like a Thai house and yard”. Then I see re coloured Thai font on a fence post and told myself in the Thai language “Pasa Thai!”(the writing is Thai). 

I get up go to the house and see a woman outside, I again speak Thai “Sawatdee Khup (Hello)., she says nothng. Sudden there is a man there and I speed again “Sawatdee Khup, Pom choo Gerry. Pom mee bun hau gun rot, mai mee fail” (Hello,  my name is Gerry, I have a problem with my truck, it does not have lights.) Everyone  (4 people) just stares at me and say nothing.

Then I woke up. I am squished into my chair, my leg is numbA,  with Dim Dom wedged in beside me.