Thursday, December 14, 2017

Shooting My Butt Off!

Gosh am walking for hours every night and shooting people on the streets like crazy. Am doing portraits up close and personal in a run and gun aggressive guerrilla style. Because of the varying light I face I am mostly shooting at 3 ASAs, 5000, 10000 And 20000. These very high ASAs give me the shutter speeds I need to freeze action. People her bolt thru the streets. I am pushing the capabilities of my Canon 5D Mark 3 to the max! Am using shutter priority mode, auto focus, high ASA, and sometimes machine gun like motor drive work!

Anyway, each day is an adventure. After several days of shooting I am becoming better in my technique and more confident-aggressive in my shooting.

Am very happy I will have a secondary photo project to work on (digitally) and submit on my return to Canada. I plan on submitting KAROSHI and the Japanese street photo work to both Canadian and Japanese galleries. If I can show work her, it means another trip to Japan. If I take another trip here it will give me the opportunity to make more pics and eat more food! :)

Note* At 20000 ASA there will be heavy pixels seen but such is life, need to work with it in post.
Note** I need to shoot much more still film (Tri-x)when I return to Thai. It looks like the filmmaking part of the trip will be a failure.