Sunday, December 3, 2017

Met Khun Anapon And Khun Ooh Tonight

Before coming to the airport 5 hours early today. I met Khun Anapon and Khun Ooh the 2 people who live under the freeway. I have been photographing both of them for 4 or 5 years now.

FROM FACE BOOK :
Met up again with Anapon tonight, also met the lady who lives next to him under the freeway, Khun Ooh. Ended up giving them each 200 baht, did some photography as well. I told them both I would return in 2 weeks. A local man also donated some rice and various foods when I was there
Anapon was very animated, talked with him more today than any previous visit. When I told him I was going to Japan he told me he had been there before. He was 17-18 at the time and visited as a Muay Thai boxer (quite common). I asked him if he had a Japanese gf, he said he did, her name was Yumiko. I asked if she was beautiful, he said she was NARUK which means cute. He laughed and laughed at the memory, we laughed together. I joked with him that when I was in Tokyo I woul look for her.
After that Anapon talked for over an hour about his former life while I photographed and made a few videos. The talk seemed to both excite and depress him. He laughed out loud several times but also seemed near tears, especially near the end. I did not understand everything he said but did understand enough. I was surprised to learn of his former life before the “Under the Freeway” world he currently occupies. A fascinating man. 
I need to learn more about Khun Ooh‘s former life also. She dressed up for me today to have her picture taken, wore some found yellow running shoes and a white polka dot skirt, along with her wig. I will make some prints of the photos made and give them to her later.
Thought I would share what I learned as some here were interested in Khun (Mr.) Anapon. Will post some of the pics later.
The photos are of Khun (Miss) Ooh, made in past years. Ooh has a dog she loves very much. I plan on buying her a proper leash-collar and non biting mouth guard for the dog. The one pic of the man on the rolling device (he could not walk) is Khun Go, he passed away after my first year of shooting.